About Yoga Therapy Specialization Teacher Training Course
The 100-hour Yoga for Health Care Teacher Training Course will take you through the deeper layers of yoga which are directly related to the well-being of the mind, body, and soul. The Yoga Teacher Training will offer practical tools which will help in improving not only your life but your student’s lives as well.
The subjects taught during the course of training will offer a profound understanding of how Yoga can help in recovering and maintaining a healthy, body, spirit, and mind. During the 100-hour Yoga Teacher Training, you will be introduced to subjects such as Yoga Psychology, Pranayama and Mudras for health Recovery, Principles of pre-natal Yoga, class planning for Yoga and Healthcare and Principles of Ayurveda and its techniques. You will also be enlightened on in-depth study and practice of Shatkriyas, Physiology of Health Conditions such as yoga for back issues, diabetes, Hypertension, and Arthritis, to name a few.
Applying various techniques of Yoga Health Care training will not only help in regaining optimum health but will also enable you to help others who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the Yogic Knowledge for maintaining a good health and enhancing personal practice.
Though one doesn’t need a prior knowledge in Healthcare Yoga a strong asana practice is recommended before joining the course. Once the course is completed, you will have a thorough understanding of the Pranic body and its relation with rest of the bodily systems for achieving balance with help of Yoga.
The 100-hour Yoga Therapy Specialization Teacher Training Course requires the student to have a prior knowledge and clarity on few aspects such as what is Yoga, what is an asana, the difference between Hatha Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga, and the likes. Thus, the YTT course requires you to hold a 100-hour Hatha or Vinyasa Yoga Teacher’s Training certification or a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate issued by the yoga school at least 36 months prior to joining the course.
For successfully completing the 100-hour Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course the student needs to attend all the classes. If they fail to meet the attendance criteria, they will be given the certificate of participation and not completion.
What to expect from the course?
- The first week will focus on studying the major concepts and implications of the Ashtanga Philosophy along with relevant concepts and role of classical texts in Yoga Therapy.
- The asanas during first week will be based on Hatha Yoga and Restorative Yoga with props. The students will also be introduced to the Kriya Techniques for purifying and energize the body, get introduced to physiology of diseases and how to treat them with Yoga.
- They learn to design a yoga practice which helps in relieving certain health conditions and get well versed with the Chakra and Nadi systems.
- They attend workshops on the restorative yoga where the benefits and contradictions of Pranayama techniques are taught.
- The students are introduced to the Ayurvedic Anatomy and Western Anatomy along with Pranayama practice and Meditation techniques. There are workshops on Alignments and hands-on adjustments with props.
- The second week consists of in-depth study of all the topics taught in the first week along with practical sessions. There are lectures of Yogic Psychology, Principles of pre-natal yoga, and Adjustment and Alignment workshops.
- The students will be able to understand the philosophy of Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga in relevance with the general well-being of the body and mind.
- The students will learn about the Yogic concept of diet and lifestyle and learn to identify Satvik food based on different Pranic values.
- Lectures on Yogic philosophy and Ayurveda will offer an understanding of human mind and body.
- Daily practice of Pranayama, Kriya, and Asanas will enhance your level of practice and help you realize its beneficial effects on your body and mind.