About Hatha Yoga
Hatha Yoga is one of the most popular forms of yoga which has carved a niche for itself not only in India but also in the west. The word ‘Hatha’ literally means ‘force’ or ‘willful’ and signifies a system of physical techniques. The Hatha Yoga is believed to be found by Yoga Guru Matsyendranath. Matsyendranath is celebrated as a saint in both Hindu and Buddhist Hatha Yoga Schools.
About 100-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher’s Training
Shree Hari Yoga aims to spread the goodness of Hatha Yoga with its 100-hour training program. The intensive training program helps in creating a strong foundation for individuals who wish to enhance their progress in the journey of yoga. The training is imparted by our Yoga Gurus who have years of experience in the field. Our Gurus make use of various techniques to ensure that each student is progressing and learning.
The training enlightens the students on traditional yoga practices such as Yoga Asanas, Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas, and Meditation along with various other aspects of the Yoga practice such as History of Yoga, Yoga philosophy, Anatomy of Hatha Yoga, principles of Ayurveda, Yoga Nidra, Adjustment and Alignment workshops, to name a few.
The 100-hour beginners Hatha Yoga Teacher Training course is designed for people who wish to dive deep into the essence of Yoga and add value, as well as substance to their yogic journey. It is also useful for current Yoga tutors who want to continue their education by focusing specifically on Hatha yoga and its origins, and for those who find it difficult to devote time for an elaborate 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course.
Students often wonder if there are any specifications or pre-requisites for joining our 100-hour Yoga Teacher’s Training Course or assume that they need to be proficient yogis to pursue the course. However, there are no pre-requisites to get you enrolled in the 100-hour Hatha YTT course. All we recommend is to simply have a regular practice of yoga for a minimum of 6 months as it prepares your body to cope up with the needs of advanced or complex yoga asanas that you will be introduced to during the course of your training.
Apart from that, no student will be judged in any manner for their practice or knowledge of yoga. Thus, students of all levels are invited to join our course and make their treasure of knowledge prosperous. We strive to help our students improve and become proficient in their yogic journeys.
For successfully completing the 100-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training course, the students required to attend all of their classes. If the students fail to meet the attendance criteria, they will be conferred with the certificate of participation, not completion.
What to Expect?
The beginner level yet intensive yoga program will enlighten the students on the history and philosophy of Hatha yoga and understand the influence of the asana on the human body. It is the stepping stone and foundation for people who wish to carve a career as Yoga tutor.
- The first week is dedicated towards the science, philosophy, and the practices of Hatha Yoga focusing on benefits, limitations and features of the adjustments, alignments, and variations in the asanas, pranayama, and meditation techniques.
- The students will be made to put into practice what they have learned in the Teaching Methodology Classes and have their first encounter with teaching.
- The first week works as a strong foundation for a good mental, physical, and theoretical base to move ahead to the next phase of Teacher’s Training Program confidently and safely.
- The next week is designed for introducing the students to the Hatha Flow and the principles of Vinyasa Yoga. You will be offered an insight on the major concepts of modern Hatha Flow, Vinyasa yoga, coordinating movement and breath, and the sequencing of professional Hatha, Hatha Flow, and Vinyasa Yoga class. We will look at how to take care of students, by knowing how to safely instruct asanas, the transitions and modifications to prevent injuries.
- Students will learn about Yogic and Ayurvedic anatomy along with western anatomy, Pranayama, and Meditation techniques. There will also be workshops on alignment and hands-on adjustments.
- This week will also take you through the ancient texts like Asthanga Yoga of Patanjali, Bhagwad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Upanishads, and Vedas which are an essential part of the Teacher’s Training course.